CTO and Founder, Ontology Systems
Stephen provided a weekly on-site Shiatsu service for Orchestream that was enthusiastically adopted by employees both in my department and throughout the company.
Stephen’s professionally managed and skillfully delivered service provided a much needed space for calmness in what was a very hectic work environment!
What Is Onsite Shiatsu?
Onsite Shiatsu is an adaptation of traditional Shiatsu for the modern office environment. Delivered while the client rests in a specially designed chair it aims to provide a short, focused, “stressbusting” treatment.
My chair Shiatsu is a carefully refined blend of traditional Shiatsu techniques, Namikoshi Shiatsu point work, Ortho-Bionomy, Trigger Point Therapy and Neuromuscular Facilitation.
Sounds great, eh?
What that actually means is that I use a basic framework combined with years of experience and continuous training to provide a unique Shiatsu treatment intuitively designed and sensitively delivered to meet each client’s individual needs. If tired, we invigorate. If stressed, we relax. Where there is weakness, we restore vigour. Where there is tension, we restore fluidity.
Treatments come in two main formats:
- 20 minute treatments will cover head, neck, shoulders and back.
- 30 minute treatments will cover head, neck, shoulders, back, arms and hips.
Note there can be some variation in the above in accord with individual requirements.
What are the benefits for your business?
We can look at this in terms of three main areas.
- Recruitment. In today’s competitive marketplace both companies and employees need to stand out from the crowd. As an old saying has it, “you must lay the finest coffee heart to attract the finest companions.” Providing regular Shiatsu for your staff sends a powerful signal about your commitment to and interest in their well-being.
- Retention. Regular Shiatsu treatment reinforces that signal, building loyalty and rewarding it at the same time.
- Relaxation. Stress is both unavoidable and, as it happens, necessary for good health and good work. But it requires balance, too much stress and the healthy stretch becomes an unexpected strain. In turn that leads to less efficient work and less coherent teams. At the extreme this becomes actual illness requiring leave of absence. Stress-related illness is one of the leading causes of absence in the UK and yet remarkably preventable with simple, low cost measures. “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
Speaking of costs….
Bookings and Costs
A booking will be for a minimum of 3 hours and a maximum of 5 hours. In that time you can book 20 minute or 30 minute treatments according to your requirements. I charge £50 per hour whether you choose 20 or 30 minute treatments.
Although I primarily work in business environment feel free to inquire about my availability for other events and occasions.
To inquire further or make a booking use the contact form below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.