Shiatsu is fundamentally a way to wake up residual or dormant energy in the body and for acknowledging stagnant and tense energy and encouraging movement. Each person’s pattern of tension and emptiness is unique and individual and absolutely relevant to their particular life. And intelligent shiatsu addresses how your body is adapting to your life. You could say that your body, in its posture, health and strength or weakness is an expression of your relationship with your life.
Welcome to the home of Empty Wheel Shiatsu Therapy. Here you will find details regarding treatments, bookings, and costs. Please click on a tab or menu item above for further information on specific aspects of this practice.
Shiatsu is a form of massage and physical therapy originating in Japan that uses touch, comfortable pressure, stretches and acupuncture points to release tension, balance and harmonise the emotions, and relax the muscles, nerves and structures of the body.
Treatments consist of a short conversation where we talk about your general health, lifestyle, and how shiatsu can help you right now.
This is then followed by an hour of hands on treatment that will consist of:
- Comfortable sustained pressure
- Assisted stretching
- Gentle holding
- Guided breathwork
- Rhythmic joint movement
- Pressure point activation
- Releasing techniques
Over the past two decades I have helped clients with a range of difficulties. Empty Wheel Shiatsu may help with:
- Stress and its effects
- Muscle and joint problems (aches, pains, tension, and injury)
- Back pain and spinal alignment
- Life transitions (including retirement, bereavement, conception and others)
- Processing difficult emotions
- Safely holding and releasing trauma (including PTSD and complex PTSD)
- Jaw problems (including TMJ issues)
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Breathing difficulties
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Insomnia and other sleeping difficulties
- Recovering from injury and surgery
The majority of my clients come looking for help with a specific problem but, over the course of their treatments, they quickly realise that Shiatsu bodywork aids their life in unexpected and valuable ways and it is these factors that keep them coming back for treatment and deepening their own health and resources through an ongoing process of healing and exploration.
Book Here or on 07421 358 212